Vision Statement for P.E
Our aim is for all children at Black Horse Hill Infant School to experience high quality Physical Education(P.E), school sport and physical activity that will lead to lifelong participation in sport as part of a healthy lifestyle.
We will aim to:
- improve children's health and well being
- provide high quality sporting opportunites for all
- assist each individual to be the best that they can be
- encourage community involvement and responsibility
- promote a lifelong love of sport
- celebrate sporting achievements
- continue the lasting legacy of the Olympic and Paralympic games.
We recognise that sport has an important role to play in raising standards and narrowing the achievement gap. Research has shown that sport as part of a broad and balanced curriculum can improve attendance,behaviour and attainment. Sport can also build self-esteem,teamwork and leadership skills.